Sunday, September 24, 2006

Best Sunday School Questionnaire Yet

I often start off my high school Sunday School class with a questionnaire. They fill it out; I read each one aloud; they guess who wrote it. I admit, I often do this when my lesson is a little thin. I don't feel too badly about it -- fellowship is important, right? And it's fun for me to get to know them and it's fun for them to get to know each other better.

So, here is this morning's questionnaire. Please feel free to leave your own answers.


1. If you had a theme song, what would it be?


2. What actor would you want to portray you in the made-for-tv-movie of your life?


3. If you could do anything this afternoon, what would it be?


4. If you were a high school teacher what subject would you teach? (And you could teach anything--not just regular classes. Maybe you know good pick-up lines, maybe you‘re great at algebra--or-- maybe you know how to pick out the right shoes to go with a homecoming dress)


5. If you started a band, what you would you name it?

Here are my answers:
1. theses are the days - 10,000 maniacs
2. drew barrymore, i guess (gwyneth platrow just seems unrealistic...but so does jaeane garafalo)
3. take a short nap, build a fire outside, sit around, crochet, drink coffee and have friends drop by
4. open craft hour
5. the emily dunbar band (okay, that's a cop out. making up band names has been a favorite passtime for the past 15 years. i couldn't possibly pick ONE. that's why i'll remain a solo act).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, here are my answers:
1. "Get out the map" Indigo Girls
2. I'm going to go totally unrealistic, but amusing and say Parker Posey.
3. This afternoon is a great chillin on the porch listening to tunes and drinking beers day...but since I am with child I'll probably just sit around and play legos (and Jon's not here).
4. I would either teach Spanish and limited German or Dance Party. What's better than a 50 minute period of dancing?
5. The first band name we ever came up with was "Hope and the foreign exchange students" but this past week we thought "Dusty Sidestreet" wasn't so bad.