Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Soundtrack of my Life

My friend Joe posted this little game on his facebook page and since today I am all about 1) music and 2) stealing ideas from other people's blogs, I thought I'd play.

So, here's how it works:1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc) 2. Put it on shuffle. 3. Press play. 4. For every question, type the song that's playing. 5. When you go to a new question, press the next button. 6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool. This is my life as a movie soundtrack...

Opening Credits: Ob La Di Ob La Da--The Beatles (beautiful start!)
First Day At School: Keep the Customer Satisfied -- Simon & Garfunkle
Falling In Love: Mah Na Mah Na -- The Muppets (strangely appropriate)
Breaking Up: Every Minute -- Sara Groves
1st date: Coleman Stove -- Jalan Crossland
Prom: School House Rocky, the theme from School House Rock
Life's OK: Box of Letters -- Emily Dunbar (a little wierd to hear myself, but it's my soundtrack, right?)
Driving: You Can Still Rock in America -- Night Ranger (perfect!)
Flashback: Overture from The Nightmare Before Christmas
Getting Back Together: Down to the River to Pray -- Allison Krauss
Wedding: Mad Mission -- Patty Griffin
Final Battle: Bitter End -- Dixie Chicks
Death Scene: Circle of Life from the Lion King (I kid you not!)
Funeral Song: In Thee is Gladness (instrumental) -- Jonathan Rundman (nice!)
End Credits: Stockton Gala Days (unplugged) -- 10,000 Maniacs

3 comments:

Hippy_Mat said...

I tried it (with mixed results).


Opening Credits: Punch Drunk -- Cumbustible Edison
First Day At School: Welcome to the Show -- Cactus Hill
Falling In Love: I Really Love You -- Speech
Breaking Up: If -- Janet Jackson
1st date: Girl Trouble -- Violent Femmes
Prom: Proclaiming Jubilee -- Stephan Smith
Life's OK: Worried Man -- Jeb Joy Nichols
Driving: Cruel Mistress -- Flogging Molly
Flashback: Racing to the Ruins -- Syd Straw
Getting Back Together: Little Old Lady from Pasadena -- Jan & Dean (one note here is that I bought this song from Itunes, but it's some random song in German instead)
Wedding: Torchy -- Cumbustible Edison
Final Battle: Takin' Care of Businiess -- BTO
Death Scene: In Between Days -- The Cure
Funeral Song: Guerilla Radio -- Rage
End Credits: Lost on the River -- Emmylou Harris and Mark Knopfler

(I'm adding one, just cuz I like the next song that played)
Deleted scenes background music: Shock and Awe -- Neil Young

emdunbar said...

If you happen to be present when I'm dying, Mat, please tell the music gods that I would much rather die to In Between Days than the Circle of Life.

Anonymous said...

Soooo creepy.

Opening Credits: Today (Innocence Mission)
First Day At School: All the Days (River Bends)
Falling In Love: Wink (Blue Mountain)
Breaking Up: On and On and On (Wilco)
1st date: Bush (Page France) (I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING NOW)
Prom: Sweet Avenue (Jets to Brazil)
Life's OK: Panic (The Smiths)
Driving: Grey Lining (Kelly Wingate)
Flashback: Recycled Air (Postal Service)
Getting Back Together: Stations (Denison Witmer)
Wedding: Electrical Storm (Joseph Arthur)
Final Battle: To Be Alone With You (Sufjan Stevens)
Death Scene: No Backbone (Lemonheads)
Funeral Song: Innocent Bones (Iron and Wine)
End Credits: Got My List (Onelinedrawing)