Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Get This

It's Academic Showcase Day at Hastings College. I'm presenting a paper--a literary anaylsis of Amy Tan's The Joy Luck Club. I've never really presented a paper before so I'm a little nervous, but it's a good paper, I put together a decent power point to go with it; it will be fine. And becaue it is ASD there are no classes today. That's nice.

I just checked my email and there was a deal from Planet Bluegrass--which puts on the Rocky Mountain Folks Festival and The Song School (for which I got my grant). Get this:
1. Nanci Griffith is in the line up for the festival.
2. Josh Ritter is in the line up for the festival and will be an instructor at song school.
How freakin' cool is that?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh Ritter is too cool ... plus you'll get to bandy about his name in your lesson plans.

Good luck with your presentation. I always liked hearing the research when I was on campus. Now, I just write about it, and I don't necessarily understand the technological aspect. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

I just looked at the song school instructors (full and elective). Melissa Ferrick is supposed to be awesome (in an Ani Difranco sort of way), and I loved Kathrin Shorr's music when she won the Songwriter Showcase award a couple of years ago.

You are going to have so much fun -- flying high on music and lyrics and contagious festivarianism!

Nate said...

Holy crap, that is going to be awesome Em! Record it if you can, and if you can't you must give us a full report!